Wednesday, January 21, 2009

21/365 Water

Photobucket

When I awakened this morning the first thing that caught my eye was the glass of water on my night stand. I could see the shape of the cordless phone which stood behind the glass, and the odd shape caused by the water made me smile. I had my "water" idea for the day!

I tried a couple of different glasses before settling on this one. I placed the flower behind the glass and shot with a macro lens. Even though the room was filled with beautiful morning light, the background went totally black except for the flicker of light you see camera right. I cloned some of it out, but opted to keep just a bit of it. Can you see the flower petals in the stem of the glass?

Lesson: Don't be afraid to experiment. You may just love the results you get when just playing around.

Tomorrow: People pictures. Capturing life as it happens.

5 comments:

Four Little Owl's said...

This is very Beautiful...You did a great job...

Jane said...

What a great idea! Love the little flower petals in the stem!

Anonymous said...

What a neat experiment!

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

Fun photo! Great idea.

Jo-Anne Price said...

Love the flower petals in the stem!