Thursday, January 15, 2009

15/365 Dreaming

Photobucket

"How do you know? Have you ever driven one?"

About 8 years ago I was having a conversation with my fil and I told him about this car that I would love to have some day and that was his response. How do you know? So, I made plans after that to get brochures so that I could study the features of this particular automobile. Shortly after that I scheduled a test drive. As it turned out, the car was not as great as I thought it would be and I promptly crossed it off of my dream list. I discovered that cars really aren't a big deal to me at all.

Currently we are planning to move to a home that we've dreamed about and talked about for approximately 7 years. We haven't found it yet, but we know it's out there somewhere! We'll recognize it immediately because we've been collecting pictures and putting them in a dream book for years. We even have a wonderful builder lined up in case we don't find what we want.

This is one of the places where I often come to dream. Because of the slow economy it's been vacant now for several months. I love going inside of newly built homes to get ideas about the things I want in our next home. One of the things I want is an open kitchen. It needs to be large with hardwood floors and lots of counter space. Similar to the one I photographed today, but slightly larger.

Lesson: Never let go of your dreams and always dream in color!

Tomorrow: Photojournalism. I will have a plan B for this one!

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I love the feel of that kitchen (if only in the pic).

Unknown said...

What a beautiful kitchen!

Jane said...

That is a beautiful kitchen, Andrea. Makes me want to get hardwood floors in my kitchen. I like those lights that hang down over the bar too. Very cool! Keep the faith, you'll find your dream home!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a nice kitchen. Is that a double oven I spy back there? Oooo I want one of those! FYI: I have Pergo in my kitchen and outside my bathroom and it does not like water but it holds up to kids wonderfully. Just my $.02.

Jo-Anne Price said...

That's a lovely kitchen! I hope that someday you get your "dream" home.

Dana said...

Hold on tight to your dreams. I can only imagine having a kitchen like that. I wonder if you have a nice kitchen like this, do you cook good food? LOL That's kind of like WOW you have a nice camera, it must take good pictures..............