Friday, January 16, 2009

16/365 Leading Lines

Photobucket

I will not take a picture of A. N. O. T. H. E. R. dead TREE!

I wasn't home today to set up my photojournalistic shot. I have a story in my head and I wanted to get it out today, but I had too many other things going on. My Plan B? Shoot whatever you see that's sort of interesting and make it VERY interesting.

Here it is: My leading lines shot! This is one of those shots that you see after you get home. I wanted to take a shot of these huge concrete blocks that were outside of a cement mixing plant. I tried to get just the right angle, but I just couldn't find one that felt compelling. I decided to post it anyway. While playing around in photoshop I realized that the the blocks and the shadows of the blocks lead to that wonderful dead tree in the background. I added a funky blue tint, burned the edges and there you have it: ART! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Lesson: Inanimate objects are tough for me! I now truly see what a gift it is to be able to shoot these kind of things and make the image interesting. You can' t just point and shoot! Who knew?

Tomorrow: Macro

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my eyes follow the line and continue throughout. B&W adds interest and texture. Me loves me some macro. Can't wait till tommarrow!

Four Little Owl's said...

This is beautiful, I think it is very intresting. A great piece of ART...

Jo-Anne Price said...

I like the shadows that the blocks are casting and they do lead me right to the tree.