Friday, January 2, 2009

2 of 365

Photobucket

I decide to do a triptych today. In the first image I shot down on the flowers and showed a bit of white to give some depth to the image. Image two I wanted to play stylist! I should definitely keep my day job--styling takes skills that I don't possess. Image 3, I put the flowers in my shower and wanted to blow out the background to get rid of the shower walls. I slowed the shutter and I got the blown effect I wanted. The image is not so sharp because of the long lens and the slow shutter.

Lesson: Have an idea in mind before you shoot. This one was not fully thought out. Sketching an idea out before hand would have been a good idea. Change your custom white balance when you change lighting conditions. Forgot to do that and ended up having to add a filter in PS to get rid of the yellow tungsten light. THe goal is to use PS minimally.

Tomorrow: Photograph a correctly exposed egg in an unusual way.

8 comments:

Candy said...

The flowers are pretty. I like that you are posting what you are going to be doing the next day. Hopefully I can start doing that, and not just fly by the seat of my pants.

Kennis said...

I LOVE the center one. Beautiful.

But, yes, having a plan is definately better. I found that if I go in without one then I usually end up not liking what I've gotten and I get deterred from wanting to do more.

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

Hmm, I like how you have this set up--almost as a teaching blog. Thanks for being a great mentor!

Anonymous said...

love the colors and the different angles.

Jane said...

Lovely set of photos. You did a great job with this.

Shawna Lynn said...

I like this. The middle image is my favorite.
I enjoy that you have it set up as a teaching or lesson learned blog also. Great for us all to review and learn. Thanks for doing it!

Andrea said...

Teaching myself really, but glad it helps!

Jo-Anne Price said...

Like the flowers. I really like how you got creative with the last one!