Monday, January 5, 2009

4/365 Textured Ab

Photobucket

I didn't leave the house today, so finding something abstract was harder than I thought it would be; again I had to go to my plan B. The vision in my head for Plan A did not translate well to paper, but the process of coming up with the idea was fun.

This Plan B shot started out totally centered in the frame. It was okay, but not as interesting as when I spliced it in half, converted it to black and white and added texture. Now it's a little more interesting, but still not what I planned.

Lesson: Do your best with whatever you have in front of you.

Tomorrow: Architecture.

5 comments:

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

This reminds me of a old photo. Something from our history texts of an ancient drawing. I really like this, its very intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Yes we need to make the best of what is in front of us. That doesn't just stand true for photography but life as well (listen to me getting all philosophical lol). I like the crop. Makes me pause and look closer.

Anonymous said...

That is so nice...very creative and I love the texture.

Pam said...

This is a creative, beautiful image. I love seeing things like this to inspire me and help me think outside the box.

Jo-Anne Price said...

Love what you did with the photo!