Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7/365 The Mechanic

Photobucket

My grandfather was a pretty good photographer. He died a couple of months ago and one of the things he left behind were mounds of pictures he had taken over the years. Images of places he'd seen and people he'd met over the years. He had pictures hanging all over his home and 3 of his favorites were 3 Rockwell prints.

As a children's photographer I have access, thankfully, to lots of cute kids! Here's a little 7 year old who agreed to help me out today. Thanks Little D. My image today is a tribute of sorts to my grandfather and his love of art, specifically of Norman Rockwell's work.

Lesson: Cherish family and live each day being fully present. The photography lesson: Pay attention to details. I wanted the little boys backwards baseball cap to show up more, but he was cold so I didn't want to keep trying to get a perfect shot. I could have climbed higher on the ladder, but I didn't think of that at the time! I was cold too! :-)

Tomorrow: Hmm??? I'm not sure.

8 comments:

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Cute! I love the idea too.

I enjoy reading your commentary each day.

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

I too love the ideas you put out on your blog. I would love to have someone in my family that is a photographer. I love this photo too, I hope to have one some day of my son like this -- He did get a new jeep for christmas, maybe I can get his tools out and let him play LOL

Anonymous said...

Your photograph successfully fully tells the story. I would treasure a portrait like this of my son. Well done. I like that you contemplate a lesson for bettering your captures.

Andrea said...

Thanks for taking a look ladies!

Jo-Anne Price said...

I love Norman Rockwell and your photo is definitely reminiscent of his work. I also enjoy your commentary very much!

Anonymous said...

Very nice..love the story behind it.

Pam said...

I love this photo, and count me in as another one who is enjoying your commentary each day.

Unknown said...

I love visiting your blog. I appreciate your art, but it's more than that. It's the way you paint it. You blogline is perfect. Thanks for sharing.