Sunday, January 18, 2009

18/365 Home

Photobucket

Not my home, but one I saw as I came around a curve headed to a local grocery store. It's located on a little side street and you don't see it until you come around this little curve. It has always intrigued me, but this cold and rainy morning it really captured my attention. I shot it through the windshield of my car, so it's grainy. Sometimes grainy is okay.

I wanted a dark image and I'm okay without the details in the shadows. The house and car were then dodged to pull the eye.

Lesson: Shoot from the heart.

Tomorrow: Something that starts with "G".

10 comments:

Jane said...

The sepia look is just wonderful in this photo!

Dana said...

I love the mood of this photo. The grainyness (is that a word) just adds to the feel.

Candy said...

Ditto what Dana said and add Excellent capture!

Anonymous said...

Well done again, Andrea. The trees frame it nicely. The curveture of the road and dodge of the house and truck pull the eye.

Lanna said...

Reminds me of the "good ol' days" or somewhere my grandparents might have lived. Very nice!

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

Me too! Reminds me of something from the olden days that you often see in photos from way back when. I think this is a great shot -- and the grain just gives it more of the olden look!

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Nice work. The image has a soothing, calm presence to it.

Pam said...

Really nice shot Andrea. For some weird reason it makes me feel sad and happy at the same time.

Four Little Owl's said...

I love it too,,

Jo-Anne Price said...

Love the sepia tone and the curve of the road that leads your eyes toward the car and house!