Saturday, January 31, 2009

31/365 List

Photobucket

This started out as a shot of a paper clip on my desk. The shot looked a little boring so I decided to add some paper to spice it up and got deliberate with the composition. I added the note in photoshop as an afterthought, but I like it. I think it works.

I love the colorful bokeh that comes from shooting macro and having a colorful background.

Lesson: Become a thinker when shooting. What's your subject? Have you simplified the image and cleaned up the extraneous things that might distract? Did you utilize the rule of thirds? If not, does it work anyway? Just a few of the many questions you can ask yourself when composing a shot.

Tomorrow: People! Really!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice shot. Very creative and of course the bokeh is great.

I almost shot one of a note my daughter wrote and hung on her room. It said . . . , "No dogs allowed in the store unless they are fancy". I'm not sure what she meant! Our shih tzu is kinda "fancy" and her room is not a store! heh heh

Anonymous said...

You must have a stylus pad...I like the angle and selective focus

Jo-Anne Price said...

Nice, very nice! I really like the splash of colorful paper clips in the background!