Friday, March 27, 2009

82/365 Trash

Photobucket

This section of a larger building actually had beautiful colors and reminded me of something you'd see in China Town. I was initially discouraged because of the trash bags right outside of the door, but once I got home I decided I liked the trash. It makes the image more real. The colors would compete too much with the black trash bags, so I converted to black and white. I'm not sure if that was the best choice, so I may change that...

I had quite a few hours alone today and my thoughts drifted to A Wrinkle in Time. We just finished it a few days ago and there was an interesting lesson in unconditional love, among other things. I suppose learning to see what's in front of you and loving it in spite of the *trash* is much like offering unconditional love to the people in our lives.

Lesson: The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
--Thomas Merton

2 comments:

Shawna Lynn said...

While I didn't see this in color, I LOVE it in black and white. How true the words you write; how meaningful the lesson!

The first step toward recovery is admitting an addiction...I am addicted to following your blog.

:-) I look at it this way...if reading your blog is the worst addiction I ever have in life (oh, and chocolate, lol), I think I have won!

Andrea said...

Wow! Thanks Shawna. That's a wonderful compliment and it means even more coming from you. I love your work and the way you see things.