Thursday, March 5, 2009

61 and 62/365

62 Me (2)
Photobucket

It's been a little more than a month and I've lost several inches along with a few pounds. My jeans are slightly larger than they were when I started. Woohoo!

I live with a little boy who rarely hesitates to speak whatever is on his mind (we're working on that charming quality ;-) )! A few weeks ago he told me that my thighs were as big as Desperuex's ears. Had it been another time of the month, I might have considered crying. Instead I took an honest look at me and could see his perspective. I did weigh much more than I wanted to weigh. I was already motivated to do the necessary work, but his comment sealed the deal!

Lesson: Once you determine why you want to lose weight, it's much easier to stay on course.


61 Lily in Snow

Photobucket

I was curious about how the lily would look with snow as the background. The snow has melted everywhere except in this one shady spot on the lawn. I wasn't feeling my best yesterday so it was an effort to do this much. This image is poorly composed and I'm not at all pleased with my results. However, I post it as a reminder of the lesson learned on the day it was created.

Lesson: Your best will be different on any given day. Best is relative. Your best when you're feeling great may very well be different from the best work you create when you're ill or otherwise distracted.

62 Coming....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're too hard on yourself. The lilly is beautiful. The snow was a good idea. The colors really pop. As for the weight loss...YEAH! Way to go :o) You are right. When you find the reason, it's easier to stay on task.

Lanna said...

Way to go on the weight loss. I hope to get there too! It's a long road! I like your lily! It's hard not to be critical of ourselves. That's why we have each other!