Monday, March 16, 2009

72/365 Courtyard

Photobucket

This reminded me of a New Orleans Courtyard. It's tucked away in a small business district. I've passed by this spot for years and have never noticed this place. Yes, my awareness of the world around me is increasing. I love the look of the wet sidewalk and street.

Lesson: Be flexible as a photographer and never lose your sense of adventure. Be willing to invest the time it takes to see things differently. It's wonderful to see how the same scene changes with the seasons or with the time of day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head... becoming a photographer opens your mind more than any drug could ever possibly do I think... you finally "see" things you have never noticed and appreciate places that people don't even stop to look at. It's a wonderful experience, and this beautiful image is the proof that it's worth it :-)

Andrea said...

You have made my day! I am very grateful for your visit on this day when I was in need of a smile. Some days I have to wonder if I'm really doing it right, but today I am encouraged that I am--at the very least--on the right track.

I love your work and look forward to visiting your blog each day.

Sincerely,

AB