Monday, March 23, 2009

78/365 Mentors

Photobucket

"Let your photography stand on it's on..." Zack Arias

Now the above quote is not profound, but it's a great reminder.

I have noticed that the photographers I admire most have a keen eye for composition. They don't use lots of props or darkroom "actions" to enhance their images. They think about what they want to capture and actually see it before they shoot it--at least that's how it appears to me. They sometimes study the subject ahead of time and think about how to manipulate the light or how to include the light in the image. Their work is very often simple and timeless. Simple subjects, handled in unique and interesting ways.

I am thankful today for all of my mentors and look forward to meeting those who have not yet arrived!

Lesson: Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it. (Michelangelo)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great composition. I like how the sun is peeking in.

Jane said...

Nice composition here Andrea.

Cynthia said...

Andrea, I love your photographs. They remind me that I need to be more aware of my surroundings. Your ability to look for the lessons in life is wonderful. Keep it up.

Andrea said...

Thanks Karen and Jane for stopping by today!

Welcome Cynthia! Thanks so much for taking the time to peek and comment!