Friday, March 20, 2009

75/365 Death

Photobucket

This was not on my mind this afternoon when I was thinking about my photo of the day. As I drove through the streets of a nearby city, I felt as though I was being pulled in this direction, so I decided to just go with it. As I walked through the oldest part of this historic cemetery I was struck by the peacefulness of it all. I wanted to pay attention to my thoughts, my thoughts about being here. How was my body responding? Was I nervous? Afraid? I found that I was okay with the environment. As I thought about death and dying, I was okay with those things too. I felt at peace and really enjoyed being there.

As a child I loved horror movies and because of all of the things I chose to take in when I was younger, I had some scary thoughts and feelings attached to death and dying. I suppose today was the day that I actually confronted the last of my fears surrounding this issue.

Lesson: “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”
(unknown source)

2 comments:

Jane said...

The black and white treatment of this really works Andrea. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting capture. B&W is perfection