Wednesday, March 18, 2009

73/365 Royalty

Photobucket

I missed another day! I guess that makes me human, although I so want to be SUPERhuman!

We went out to eat today and our constant companions, LEGOS, joined us. One of my children began to draw circles on the table. The characters were then divided up and placed them inside of their defined circle. Notice there is one character all alone in the circle marked ROYAL.

It seems so much easier to stand in the crowd and go virtually unnoticed. It takes so much more courage to stand alone, so I suppose that's why very few ever make it to that circle. This scene reminds me of lines from one of Nelson Mandela's speeches:

Our deepest fear is not that we are
inadequate, our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that
most frightens us.

I too believe that it is our fear of greatness that keeps us from stepping away from the crowd and into that circle of great success; the circle of abundant life, the circle where royalty stands, no longer going unnoticed.

Lesson: Learn to be comfortable even when you have to be alone in a crowd. Alone because you dare to step into your full potential when others do not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this shot - the composition, and the thought behinde it..

Andrea said...

Why thank you! I just took a peek at your daily photo journal and my jaw dropped with brown and yellow! What a wonderful portfolio. I'm so glad you stopped by or I may not have discovered your work.