Saturday, March 21, 2009

76/365 Fragile

Photobucket

I took such care with this weed. I wanted to get close. I was concerned about every step I took toward it. It seems that the wind always blows when I want to do outside macro work, so I approached my subject expecting wind at any moment! The wind never came and I was able to hand hold and focus on just the spot of interest.

I have the honor of sharing a home with a little person whose heart is just as fragile as today's subject. However, I don't always approach that little person with the same care and thoughtfulness. Sometimes I'm tired or distracted and my words are careless or my actions downright rude! This image will serve as a reminder to be more mindful of how I interact with those I profess to love. To be more gentle with tender hearts.

Lesson: Love is patient...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Essential, geometric, symmetrical and abstract... great squared composition!

Andrea said...

I am honored. Thank you so much for stopping by Francesco!

Anonymous said...

beautifuly done. I, too, need to watch my words with the fragile little ones. As a matter of fact, I need to fix something right now. Thanks for the reminder.

Tawanna said...

Interesting comparison. Beautiful photo.
Wise Words.
Thank You!

Francesco Gallarotti said...

Had to come back to this image and this time I actually read your story (and many other posts as well) and I have to say that you are right... as a photographer I approach my photography subjects with the maximum care, I even hold my breath when I shoot to minimize camera shake... If only I used the same care when interacting with the people around me!