Wednesday, February 11, 2009

41/365 Scarlet

Photobucket

Not quite red, but close. I was out in the backyard exploring and looking for something red when I came upon one of the signs of spring. The trees are beginning to come alive again and I love it. I saw the interesting shape made by the 4 leaves and decided this would be my image of the day. I didn't like the background, so I pulled some green pine needles from a neighboring tree and placed them a few inches behind the bud. When I was about to snap, the wind blew and the needles shook and so did the little bud. It's not as sharp as it could be (partly due to the chosen aperture and partly due to the sudden and unexpected movement), but I liked the effect from the blowing needles behind.

Lesson: Get accustomed to seeing beauty wherever you are, even in your own backyard.

Tomorrow: Something black.

4 comments:

Jodie's 365 Project said...

It's a lovely image - well done!

Dana said...

Very pretty. I'm ready for spring, but there are no signs here just yet. I'm going to get out tomorrow and take a closer look.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Like the use of the rule of thirds. Looks very crisp to me. The movement in the back is cool.

Jo-Anne Price said...

Beautiful, love the texture and colors!