Sunday, May 17, 2009

122/365 Berries

Photobucket

One of my constant companions loves strawberries and I MUST keep them in the house when they're in season.

Today as I drove to meet a friend in the city, traffic stopped in front of a church. I glanced at the church and could see that service was over and people were starting to leave. At the moment I turned, a very young woman was slowly coming down the front steps supporting a much older woman who wasn't able to move as fast. I was reminded of how fragile life is and how quickly time passes. I felt happy that the older woman had someone in her life who was willing to support her at this stage of her life. Not too long ago, she was probably helping the younger woman navigate steps in the same way.

Lesson: Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
-- Author Unknown

4 comments:

Candy said...

this is really great! the color is amazing!

Ken said...

Andrea, very nice. Great composition of the fruit, bowl and placemat.

Ginger said...

LOVE this! The vibrant colors are beautiful and the strawberries look delicious. :-)

Andrea said...

Thanks for taking a look Candy, Ken and Ginger! I appreciate it!