Thursday, July 2, 2009

139/365 Vulcanizadora

Photobucket

One of the things that struck me most was the very simple lifestyle of the people in this small Mexican city. I'm certain I would not find a repair shop near my home where the owner would unashamedly hang laundry out to dry at the business entrance. Some of us would be embarrassed to hang wash out to dry at all--even in the back of a very modest homes.

I went out with a guide at 7 a.m. most mornings for an hour long walk. On this particular morning we went through the city and then up into nearby mountains. This repair shop (vulcanizadora) was the first building I saw--perfect! Out of all of the beautiful sites in the mountains, I was most enamored by the people. What gracious and humble people! Something about them has changed me in ways that I didn't even know needed to be changed.

Lesson: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
--Leonardo di Vinci

2 comments:

Ken said...

Great. just great.

Andrea said...

Thank you Ken!