Wednesday, April 1, 2009

86/365 Purple

Photobucket

These vines with the purple blooms have been showing up everywhere I look. I've been longing to get close, but could never find them in a public place or in a place that didn't call for me to walk into a woody, overgrown area. I'm pretty adventurous, but I still have some limitations. Today I saw them growing on the side of an old building and found the juxtaposition interesting. As I drove a bit further, I saw some close enough to the road that I could just snip a branch off to take with me. The goal was to find a creative way to shoot it at home! After taking the vine out of the car, I discovered that most of the blooms were still closed and I didn't like them closed. I spotted one that was open and as I moved close to photograph that one, it feel to the ground. Arghh!!! Instead of trying to glue it back on, I just plopped down on the wet cement and met the bloom where it landed.

Wouldn't it be great if the people in our lives always met us where we were instead of trying to fix or change us first? It would be even better if we met ourselves where we are; being equally comfortable when we're swinging from the vine or hitting the ground with a thud.

Lesson:Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance... (unknown source)

No comments: